Monday, October 12, 2009

What's Happening?

It has been a good while since my last posting. We have been busy with life. Colby has done a great job adjusting to school. It is still not his favorite thing in the world, but at least there are fewer tears. He had a WONDERFUL report card. He is a good friend and a big helper. Maddy is a funny, bossy little mess. We are working on potty training. It was fun the first day, but not so cool since then. We will see what happens. She is really enjoying school, as well. She tries really hard to be the jr. teacher. I am not sure that the real teachers really appreciate that, but they humor her. Chad is still in Kansas. He has taken on a fourth gang for this year. I don't know how he does it. He does such a good job with these guys that they keep moving him to new projects to get them in shape. Hopefully it will all pay off sometime in the near future. I have been busy with the kids, church work, and home studies. I have taken up sewing in the time that I don't have. It has been a stress relief for me. I have made several outfits for Maddy and a couple of things for Colby. I don't think Chad would appreciate me making him any home made outfits, but I might try :)!! My next attempt is Halloween costumes. Thank goodness they are supposed to look goofy.

On another note, we had our bedroom, hallway, dining room, and front living room painted. I think it looks wonderful. Just need to decorate now. It is awesome. My papaw and one of his friends have been working on the backyard. It looks amazing. Much less debris and weeds. It is lovely! This house is looking better and better which is good because our custom built home (New Deal) sold a little over a week ago. Literally a month before we could technically buy it back, it was sold. AHHAHHHAHH!! That is so frustrating, but thank God we have a house, my kids are healthy, we have jobs, and our family is safe. I am working on my attitude.

2 comments:

  1. Sewing?????? Really? That's awesome...I heard about Maddy's New Deal tutu! Can't wait to see pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! I hope I can be as good of a mom as you are. The house looked great when I was there. Don't feel bad, I just decorated our living room today. We did hire painters to come in though, Yay!

    ReplyDelete